You read that right! We’re looking for a new student intern to join our team and create content for the Colorado State University TikTok account. If you shine on camera, love CSU, and have a creative spirit, this might be the internship for YOU.
What’s the Social and Digital Media Team?
CSU’s Division of Marketing and Communications provides central marketing, public relations, community outreach, design, photography, social and digital media, Web, and video services for the University. CSU’s award-winning Social and Digital Media team within the Division of Marketing and Communications is looking for a dynamic student to serve as the team’s Social and Digital Media intern.
The CSU Social and Digital Media TikTok intern will gain an overarching understanding of the Division’s initiatives by telling the University’s branded stories on TikTok. The TikTok intern will film, edit and post videos to the official @ColoradoStateUniversity TikTok account. The TikTok intern will compose TikTok content ideas that are original, relatable, fun, and informational, while staying true to the CSU brand.
We’re looking for an outgoing and highly creative student who enjoys making TikTok videos. The TikTok intern will work with the social media team to grow CSU’s TikTok presence, embodying and communicating the CSU brand.
What does a TikTok content creator do?
- Be one of the faces of CSU’s TikTok account
- Film and edit video content on a weekly basis
- Create thumbnails and captions for videos
- Upload and post videos to the CSU TikTok account
- Keep up with the latest and emerging TikTok trends and propose ideas on how we can take part in the trends
- Monitor comments and inbox on CSU TikTok account
- Support the CSU social media team in developing a TikTok social strategy to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
- Work with the CSU social media team to understand performance and growth metrics to optimize content
- Ensure that the University image and brand is communicated consistently and appropriately on social and digital channels.
- Other duties as assigned
Sounds fun. What experience do I need?
The successful applicant will be a current CSU student by fall 2021, enrolled in 12 or more credit hours and will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ram Pride
- Desire to serve the CSU community
- Strong knowledge of TikTok
- Experience creating TikTok content
- Willingness and ability to use their own equipment to create and edit videos
- Comfortability in front of and behind a camera
- Ability to produce fresh content on a weekly basis
- Experience using video editing software (Premiere, Final Cut) a plus
- Creative personality that thinks outside the box
- Attention to detail, responsible, reliable
- Be self-sufficient with producing content
- Commitment to uphold the university’s Principles of Community
Tell me more
This internship is for the Fall 2021 semester with the possibility of extending to the Spring 2022 semester.
Hours: 6 hours each week; flexible schedule
Sounds like me. How do I apply?
- Current resume listing relevant social and digital media experience
- Cover letter that includes 10 topics you could cover on the TikTok account
- Please include a link to your TikTok account
- Create an audition TikTok:
- 1 minute long
- Showcase who you are and why you want to be CSU TikTok intern
- This is a great chance to demonstrate your creativity
- Upload your video to Google Drive, DropBox, or another file-sharing service, and include the link in an email.
Please send all your application materials and video audition link to Ashley Schroeder at email@example.com by October 31, 2021.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.