That’s right: We’re looking for a new Senior Social and Digital Media Specialist to join our team. If you’re collaborative, creative, venturous and full of grit, please continue reading 👇
The specialist is responsible for helping advance CSU’s brand through the development and implementation of digital content for CSU’s social and digital media channels that reach a diverse set of audiences across the state, nation and world.
We need a digital storyteller who can create long and short-form content, often on tight timeframes. From dynamic Instagram Stories, to original photography for our Instagram feed, to producing engaging content for Facebook and Twitter, we’re looking for someone who is experienced with photo, video and graphic design. The ideal candidate will have experience bringing ideas to life through various digital mediums and platforms.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy bringing new ideas to the table, has an artful eye, is up to date on social and digital trends, and will thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Bring a mix of multimedia content creation expertise and social media management to the role in order to effectively position and promote our university and engage with key audiences.
This position will serve as part of CSU’s Division of University Communications’ award-winning Social and Digital Media team and will play a lead role in creating content that will be distributed on the university’s flagship social media accounts. The position will work closely with the Division’s Creative Services, Photo and Video teams to create multimedia content that reflects CSU’s brand identity, and positions CSU’s social media channels as vital branding vehicles for telling the University’s stories, building affinity, and increasing the University’s profile among internal and external audiences.
As a land-grant university, we know success depends on how well we welcome, value, and affirm all members of the CSU community. It is critical that the person selected for this position has a proven track record demonstrating the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion, and will actively support these efforts at CSU.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, film, communications, marketing or related field.
- Three years of professional experience in social media management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Experience in multimedia asset creation that includes video, photo, and graphic design as demonstrated in a digital portfolio.
- Experience in social media strategy and content management.
- Video production experience (conceptualize, shoot and post-production) for social media platforms.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects) as demonstrated in a digital portfolio.
- Experience shooting original photography.
- Animation and motion graphics experience.
- Experience writing copy for social and digital platforms for a diverse range of audiences.
- Strong knowledge of social media trends.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity through inclusive design and language.
Does this sound like you? Learn more about the position and how to apply on CSU’s Jobs website.