And, your social media accounts are in tip-top shape. Errr. Well, kinda. Sorta. Maybe. Not so much.
Now that summer break is officially history it’s time to get your social media strategy in back-to-school shape.
It’s all about strategy.
Identifying your mission, goals, audiences, content, and how you’ll measure success are critical to a winning social media strategy. This handy worksheet walks you through the process. Peruse through other best practices.
Create a content calendar.
Forecasting what content will go when and where is super critical. This tool is essential for me and helps me direct my team. My content calendar is a running list on Google docs. Each week I print this sucker out and review with the team on Mondays. Beyond the weekly forecast, I have an “Upcoming” section that notes what’s on the horizon.
Your fans have said they want to hear from YOU when they decide to follow your social media accounts. Don’t be silent. Post 3-5 times per week on Facebook. Tweet at least once per day (more really, try and do more). Instagram 2-3 times each week.
Register your CSU social media accounts.
More solid advice from #CSUSocial:
- 7 Tips for Creating Share-Worthy Content
- Top 10 Tips for Facebook
- Top 13 Twitter Tips
- Should You Launch an Instagram Account?
- 5 Tips on How to Manage Social Media When It’s Only Part of Your Job
- Social Analytics: The Starter Kit
- Building Your Pinterest Content Strategy
- Getting Professional with LinkedIn Groups
- Mobile Photography 101
- Sizing for Engagement: A Social Media Image Guide
- Find Your Catnip (identifying content that will make your fans go wild)
Finally, subscribe to this blog, Social, for regular tips and advice from #CSUSocial.